21 maj 2013

GDT NADIA from Australia

Hello!
Are you ready for inspirations from our new GDT Nadia?
Get your coffee or tea and have a look at her beautiful creations.




My Bio

 Hi there!! My name is Nadia Cannizzo, I am 34 and I live in Sydney, Australia. I was born and raised in Greece and moved to Australia with my family when I was 11 without so much as 2 words of English! Yes..it was tough!!  I have been married to my Italian husband for 14 years now, and that is where my surname comes from! I have 2 young MUCH loved and MUCH wanted daughters, Maria Elena (6 ) and Ioanna (4). Being a mum is what I always wanted to be and nothing fulfils me more than my children. I know it sounds cliché but it REALLY is what I love doing above all else! I feel incredibly lucky to have 2 healthy children. By day I am a Primary School teacher and have been teaching since the year 2000. I LOVE my work and cannot imagine me being anything else, although...I did have dreams of being an airhostess once upon a time since I love travelling LOL! But that dream quickly vanished when I had my gorgeous children. I have been scrapping/papercrafting for about 3 years now and I mostly create layouts and cards although I definitely enjoy Off The Page projects just as much!! In the 3 years I have been involved in scrapping, I have been fortunate enough to be on a variety of Design Teams ranging from challenge blogs, to manufacturers, to kit clubs! I try my hand at anything! I am currently very lucky to be on the team at Scraps Of Elegance kit club, and the following manufacturers-  Riddersholm Design and 13arts as well as an ongoing Guest Designer spot with 2Crafty chipboard.   I am also crazy about making sketches and journalling on my pages as much as I can , so in March of 2011 I started my very own sketch challenge blog called Once Upon A ...Sketch. When not creating, I absolutely LOVE cooking, spending time with my family, and ...believe it or not cleaning! I am a biiiiiit of a clean freak. My motto in life is "Nothing is impossible" and I rarely take no for an answer. Here is my blog: www.samnadia.blogspot.com






Materials List
Papers: Inkido Beautiful Memories collection
Stamps: Inkido Nature Stamp: Foliage 5




I first stamped the image of the Nature Stamp: Foliage #5 on my background and then used the Prima brick mask to create another image on top.
I then placed and glued my chipboard where I wanted it to show and with thick acrylic paint and a sponge , I painted the chipboard while it was stuck down on the background paper making sure the paint went around the area well. 



I like to dab some white paint on the edge of the leaves or flowers. I think it gives it a uniform look. 
 




 This has been a fave find of mine lately, the Sizzix birdcage embossing folder. I got this idea from my always inspiring friend Gerry Van Gent, when I saw it on one of her layouts ages ago. Once you emboss the image, you just need to cut around it and then what I like to do is sand it with a soft sand paper to age it a little and give it more definition. 





Now here is a card I made with the same collection! Yes ..see how many different colour combinations you can get out of just 1 collection? 

Dear Nadia, thank you so much for your beautiful work!
Dear Followers, Nadia will share more projects with us this Summer!

HERE you get find Inkido products in Australia!

3 kommentarer:

Ulrika aka LillBlomman sa...

Beutiful work and congrats to your new baby! Hugs!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY sa...

Lovely projects! Thanks for the inspiration.

Bellaidea sa...

Fantastic work, thank you so much Nadia!