27 november 2010

St. Maarten

On the 11th of November we celebrate "St Maarten" in The Netherlands. In the evening, around 6 pm, groups of children up to the age of approx. 12, carrying a lantern, call on neighbouring houses singing songs to collect sweets (lots of them!). My youngest and I made him a lantern with his picture on a clear, acrylic sheet and he was so proud of it! He didn't even object when I wanted to take pics!!


Materials: Patterned paper (Gammaldags Jul "God Jul" and "Julnoter" and Apples "Golden Delicious"), blue, golden and brown cardstock, flowers, leaves, ribbon, chipboard and pins.... all from Inkido!!! 
I machine stitched and hand stitched the papers, sprayed some glimmermist over the flowers, the leaves and the star and inked the punched owl. To create the title I used my Revolution.

Thanks for visiting the Inkido blog and hope you'll have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Monique

Inga kommentarer: