06 augusti 2013

Special Guest Designer - Helen Tilbury - 'Memories Together' {Mixed Media Layout}





Hello there everyone!  Surprise!!  I am so happy to announce that I will be having fun here with you & all these lovely Inkido products as "Special Guest Designer" for the next 5 months - until the end of 2013. Thank you so much to Papercrafts Scandinavia for extending this wonderful invitation to me & sending me a whole heap of gorgeousness to enjoy!  Woop Woop!!


Hello :)  My name is Helen Tilbury & I live in Durban, South Africa, together with my hubs, 4 kids & 3 furry kitties.  I've been scrapbooking for the last 10 years & it's saved me a lot of money on therapy!  Okay so it's not the cheapest hobby but I do love it & believe that the dozens of albums I have filled will be treasured for many years to come.  I have a day job so all my creating & design team duties are done in the evenings & over the weekends - fortunately I have a hubby that loves to cook & is very supportive of my artistic lifestyle!

Currently I am also designing for Scrap 365 Magazine in the UK, My Creative Scrapbook - the most awesome kit club in the USA!  Scrapmatts Chipboard & Flourish with a Bling {both Australian companies} I also recently started my own challenge blog, which I administrate & design for - Scrap Around The World.  Yup - all that does keep me rather busy!!  But I love the challenge & the online community - it is amazingly supportive & I have formed some fantastic friendships since I started my blog & got involved online 4 years ago.

My style is shabby grunge with lots of mixed media thrown in!  I hope you enjoy my projects & posts & I would love it if you would visit my blog too - Scrap Addict - where I share loads of tips & tricks, tutorials & details of my work process.  I have a You Tube channel too & have just got into technique videos so please subscribe if you are interested in learning some mixed media techniques - you can find that HERE. You can also keep up with me on my Facebook page HERE .  Thank you so much for having me ♥



I created this layout with the glorious new collection - Beautiful Memories - using the Blue Labels B side for my base (with the start) & the floral paper Blue Memories - Sage Blossom.



I used the lovely Butterfly 'Swallowtail' Nature stamp & embellished with some beautiful Inkido flowers from the Harmony Olive set  as well as the Tiffany Jewels in Blue.


I used a couple different varieties of white lace which I recoloured with gelatos 
- you can find the lace HERE and HERE.


I had a fantastic time working with the Inkido products!  Can you tell?!?
The beautifully shabby papers with their pale tones work perfectly
 with the mediums which only serve to enhance their beauy.


I had a lot of fun layering up many textural elements together with the soft Inkido designs.
  I used Ulrika's lovely sketch as a starting point for my design. 
{which is also our August challenge}. 

August Challenge

 Please support us by playing along - there are always
 fantastic prizes on offer & I would love to see you joining in!

------------------------------------------

I used all these Inkido products to create my layout :-

Blue labels (25)   Blue memories (25) 

 PP Harmony Flowers olive (6)  PP Tiffany Jewels blue (6)

  Lace White 13,5m Width 2,3cm  Lace white 19,2 m Width 34mm

   Nature stamp: Swallowtail (5)

Thanks for looking!
See you again soon!! {Helen}



13 kommentarer:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY sa...

How awesome is this, Helen! Thanks for the inspiration.

Bente Fagerberg sa...

How lovely to have you as a guest here sweet Helen!! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous and full of your beautiful trade mark details!!
I love it!! Thank you!! :-)

Sabrina Scrapbook sa...

Totally gorgeous, Helen! How inspiring! :)

Jona Panesa sa...

its so lovely!!!

Val-Belle sa...

Wow Helen this is just stunning I love it... so much texture and so many layers... just gorgeous. Congrats on this gig too... you are such a busy lady.. .wow..

Bellaidea sa...

H love your first layout for Inkido, can not wait to see some more next month:), best regards, Agnieszka Bellaidea

Bellaidea sa...

H love your first layout for Inkido, can not wait to see some more next month:), best regards, Agnieszka Bellaidea

Unknown sa...

Awesome page, Helen, loving your grungy take on Inkido papers! Fantastic!

Ulrika aka LillBlomman sa...

Awesome news Helen! So happy to have you here and your page is gorgeous! Hugs!

Ella Swan sa...

WOW ladies thank you for the awesome welcome :)

Paper Attic sa...

Congrats Helen! I am loving your style and this lo is gorgeous!!! Hugs, Lisa

eMeLiNe Seet sa...

AMAZING HELEN !! :) We're in for a treat :)!

Marilyn sa...

Awesome news Helen!! Congrats!! love this...Awesome page!! xo