03 juni 2013

The Martin Birdhouse

Hello - Happy Monday Inkido style.  Jennifer Snyder here to share some Inkido artwork, a cool photo I took and the gorgeous NEW collection by Inkido.  
The florals and images on this patterned paper are crazy gorgeous.  I almost hate to cut up....so instead I ripped it.  hahahaa - now I need more. 

This is a photo I took of a Martin birdhouse in North Carolina.  We almost caused a car accident when we saw this magnificent human sized birdhouse in someone's backyard.  Martins are known as mosquito eaters.  Must be this homeowner has a giant pesty insect problem based on the size of this birdhouse.  And, yes, that is a door for a human to walk through.

My inspiration for this page is that birdhouse.   I wanted to get the look and feel of the old peeling paint on the birdhouse structure.  I used a piece of 12x12 cardboard that I cut from an old box.  If you way an easy way to peel paper off cardboard, just get it wet and let the water soak in a little.  The paper separates easily.  I opted to leave some of the paper on for texture.  (The actual photo is posted below.)

Here are some of the divine Inkido products I used to crate this page.  I also used Beautiful Memories - Blue Flowers paper SDM12471 as well, not shown below.





Inkido has these really cool Star pins shown below.  They worked really well for sticking into my thick cardboard.  I bent them a little too after sticking them in the cluster. I gave them more "lift" by bending them.


Here is a great shot  of the Inkido lace trim that I selected.  I stained it with brown stain and then coated it with glossy crackle paint.  It makes the ink colors very rich.  I also did that with the edges of my cardboard and the Inkido Bling orange crystal gems.  Everything got slathered in glossy crackle paint.



Thanks for looking here.

Just a reminder that Inkido has it's monthly challenge that can be found here!

4 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

What an awesome page, Jen - gorgeous colors, textures, and that photo - wow!

Bellaidea sa...

FANTASTIC project Jen!

Алексровер Анна sa...

I admire this work!!!!

Ava Gavloski sa...

love this, the texture and showcasing of the product is wonderful