03 december 2013

Peace with Guest Designer Tara Orr

Greetings again Inkido fans!! It is FINALLY December!! The holiday season is fast approaching and I have sooo many more things to do - EEK!!  Thankfully, my crafty time helps me to slow down and refocus on the important things in my life; the calm, peaceful moments that are often missed in our haste to complete a million tasks on our to do lists.
I created this layout featuring a photo of two of my little ones in full on snuggle mode (a RARE sighting for sure!)  The papers are from the Happy Christmas Collection which I adore!  SO versatile and perfectly suited for my shabby, vintage scrapping style.
I inked the edges of each of the Inkido flowers to help them pop a little more against the otherwise monochromatic tones in this project.  I also tucked in some darker toned petals within the white bloom to add a little dimension.  Did you notice the Inkido packaging behind my photo!?

I added a few things of my own as well like the crochet doilies, newsprint and a few other blooms I had in my stash.  Love how the different textures (wood, paper, flowers, bling, lace) and multiple layers add to the overall shabby feel of this project.

Thank you so much for your visit today!  I'll be back again next week with another festive project to share with you all!! Have a great week.

Products:
Patterned Papers: Happy Christmas/Inkido
Flowers: Inkido, from my stash
Pigment Ink: ColorBox
Metal Elements: Graphic 45
Edge Scraper: Making Memories
Scallop Circle Punch: Marvy
Tacky Glue: Aleene's
Filmstrip: Ranger
Misc: Doilies, newsprint, wooden word, twine

1 kommentar:

Bente Fagerberg sa...

Tara, this is adorable!! I just love all the texture!! TFS!